Services are held in each of the churches each Sunday. The times of the services are given on the back page of the The Magazine
The Magazine, The Beneficial, is published and distributed throughout the Benefice each month. Items for inclusion should be with the editor by the 10th of the previous month.
If, when visiting, you find the church locked, you might like to view photographs of items of interest found inside the church. Photos of the wonderful stone carvings found on the church can be viewed here.
To commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, an English Yew was planted in the churchyard by three loyal parishioners, Mr Peter Davies, Mr Edgar Moss and Mr John Harris. A plaque is sited nearby.
Mordiford Church of England Primary School
Our school motto is:- Treasure Each Individual.
We value each child, their family and the wide community
A short history of the school was prepared by Ali Watkins in May 2014
Aims of Mordiford Church of England Primary School:
- To create a welcoming, calm, happy and purposeful atmosphere.
- To celebrate everyone’s successes and achievements with equal opportunities for all.
- To encourage consideration and respect for others and their property.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum that aims to develop the whole child.
- To foster a secure and caring school where mutual respect is developed.
- To provide positive role models.
- To provide a school environment which is attractive, stimulating and informative.
- To provide a framework of support to enable the effective development of all staff.
The Old Mill
You can also read about the history of the water courses serving the mill and of the ancient locks in the River Lugg.
For the first time since 1935 – when the Mill at Mordiford was in use – it was opened to the general public on Sunday 11th May 2008. If you didn’t have time to look around, here are some photographs to show what an interesting place it is.
It will be open to the public again on May 14th and 15th 2016. Come and see all the renovation which has taken place in recent years